Friday, March 4, 2011

Sweet & Sour

Good Friday afternoon! I have a somewhat funny story to share. I decided a few weeks ago that our family needed to broaden our horizons in the meal department. We are a family of picky eaters and I am probably the worst. So I bought all the fixings to make Sweet and Sour chicken. I tried to sell it to the kids as it is really only chicken nuggets with sweet ketchup. So our supper went like this - my oldest sat and stared at the chicken and only when bribed with a Dairy Queen treat did he choke down 2 small pieces. Molly, the next one actually ate hers up pretty quick and moved onto tomato soup that dad cooked (just in case). The littlest of them ate 4 helpings of rice and refused to taste the chicken. Not even the DQ bribe worked. The last of the kiddos, really wanted ice cream - she would take the smallest nibble and wash it down with a whole glass of milk. After 3 glasses of milk, I switched her to water. All the while explaining that your body can not hold that much liquid and she was going to get sick. Being 6 and somewhat stubborn lately she didn't listen. Just a few minutes and a few nibbles later the glasses of water came flowing back up - needless to say, no ice cream for her. Life with 4 kids is never dull! My husband did enjoy the supper - I'm not sure what we are going to try next time (it won't be sweet & sour chicken that's for sure)



So tonight we are off to watch my nephew and his basketball team in the regional playoffs. They played at the state tournament last year and have a great chance to make another run there this year. Tonight they play the team from the town where we live and that my kids go to school in - makes the decision of who to cheer for a little more difficult. Anyways, good luck tonight Kyle - Go Bears! Here's a fun picture of my kiddos from last year's state basketball tournament. I made the t-shirts and along with some other cousins they spelled out Go Kyle and they all had his number on the back.



>

Have a great weekend all!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment